Ever After Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Q & A: Post All Questions Here And I'll Try To Help!

2 posters

Go down

Forum Q & A: Post All Questions Here And I'll Try To Help! Empty Forum Q & A: Post All Questions Here And I'll Try To Help!

Post by Mifmemo Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:59 pm

So I've been seeing a lot of confused members rolling around here, and I want to help! I'll paste questions I've been asked here so that everyone can glance them over and I will try to help the best I can to anwser any new questions posted below.

Member wrote:I was sent a friend request how do I accept it?
https://everafter-au.rpg-board.net/profile?mode=editprofile&page_profil=friendsfoes
Click profile on the main bar then under there should be another bar with options friends and foes. You should be able to accept requests there

Member wrote:In 'World NPC's' do you just fill out the template and post? Or is it more complex then that?
Pretty much just fill out the template, some people are more elaborate with their descriptions and others are less so. I've also seen one adventurous person making images for theirs. But I don't want images to be a necessity, I mean if people have them great, but if not it just goes into the landscape of the world for others within it. So your characters listed may be refereed to as someone that exists (much in the way you may mention another student during RP)(this would be the NO choice under open for others to use) or they can be utilized as minor characters in small affairs related to the world events ect. (this would be the YES choice under open for others to use). Obviously it is preferred to work with the NPC creator, and I would highly advise even with granted permission showing any short story plot things to the NPC's creator just to check that they were written properly. I'm usually a less fussy person about others using my NPCs within their context, but I know some people are very possessive so that's why I had that part on there.

Member wrote:I would like to build an RP, how would I go about doing that?
There are a lot of ways to utilize the forums for RP! If you're just asking how to make the thread/topic There should be an button at the top of any subforum that says "New Topic" and you use that.

Now as to where, there is a RP forum that you can use for any RP within the general school area. It's a good idea to put "ALL WELCOME" somewhere in whatever you title the topic. An example would be "Afternoon in the Gardens: All Welcome!" or for a selective people RP "Afternoon in the Gardens: Althea, Elvy, Ophira".

If you wish to start an RP within your world you are welcome to do that too! All the topics for world building and NPCs should be stickies, so they won't move from the top of the forum. Just make sure to use the format above for titling topics. In addition with world RPs you can limit it to "Inhabitants Only" if you wanted to do an RP in the world with only those within your story.

If you start the topic make sure to write an introduction to the RP and remember that all posts should be kept PG 13. If you wish to be more mature than that there is a private message system here that you are welcome to use.

Member wrote:I really want to RP, but I can't seem to get anyone to let me join them. What am I doing wrong?
Now there are a lot of reasons why this happens, and there's always a chance it isn't you. The most common thing I've seen people do wrong in large group RPs is that they choose a highly unsocial character then get upset that no one is actively going out of their way to include them. Try and think of that from the other character's perspective. Not all people run up to loner strangers, also if they were there with other's they already knew the likelihood of them forcing your character in drops. If your character is also actively telling them to leave them alone that also further decreases the odds.

Now don't mistake this for the member controlling the character having any bad opinion or dislike of you, often it just means that they have no idea how to include you while staying "in character". Some characters are more social so if you want to socialize a less than social character, try talking to the owner of a more social character privately about helping you get into whichever RP you wanted to join in. If you feel that isn't the case and that other members are intentionally excluding you personally (remember some RPs are posted as private) than you can feel free to PM me here or send the group a note on DA about the matter and moderation will look into it. We don't want anyone to feel excluded. Remember to help keep this a friendly place.
Mifmemo
Mifmemo

http://mifmemo.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Forum Q & A: Post All Questions Here And I'll Try To Help! Empty Re: Forum Q & A: Post All Questions Here And I'll Try To Help!

Post by wwizzard Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:54 am

Hi.. Umm.. I don't know where to ask this.. But...

I'm on mobile, And every time i try to go to the "switch to classic version" option, it doesn't do anything but open up a pop-up ad...

And I'm afraid it might contain a virus or something...
wwizzard
wwizzard

http://wwizzard.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Forum Q & A: Post All Questions Here And I'll Try To Help! Empty Re: Forum Q & A: Post All Questions Here And I'll Try To Help!

Post by Mifmemo Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:30 pm

wwizzard wrote:Hi.. Umm.. I don't know where to ask this.. But...

I'm on mobile, And every time i try to go to the "switch to classic version" option, it doesn't do anything but open up a pop-up ad...

And I'm afraid it might contain a virus or something...

Huh, I've never had that problem before myself, I'm not much of a programmer, but I'll see what I can do
Mifmemo
Mifmemo

http://mifmemo.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down